Florida Logo

Back

Red Pearl Yoga Keeps The Vibes Chill In South Florida

By Mike Abelson

There's something magical about finding your calling. For Karen Gavrilov that calling was teaching yoga. While living in California in the early 2000s, yoga played a key role in helping Gavrilov thorugh a rough patch in her life. Now, back in her native Fort Lauderdale, Gavrilov gives yoga back to her community like it gave to her all those years ago. What was the inspiration behind opening Red Pearl Yoga?

In 2000 I got very passionate about Yoga, Ashtanga specifically, while living in the San Francisco. I knew how much it helped me through a rough time emotionally and how good it made me feel physically. I had to share it. I completed a teacher training while living in the Bay Area and then knew I had to move back to South Florida to open my own studio and let people experience how great Yoga is. I taught solo in Fort Lauderdale for a year and then Opened Red Pearl in 2002.

How would you describe the atmosphere Red Pearl Yoga's studio and classes offers to students?

I sought to create a grounded, creative space that is welcoming to all. I love how real all of our teachers are and make everyone feel comfortable. There is no air of competition in our space. Yet people still challenge themselves and grow while supporting each other. It's pretty cool when students say they like how 'grounded and welcoming" Red Pearl is because that is exactly what I intended.

I read that you have a rooftop yoga event coming up soon. Is this something that you put on often? What can guests expect of it?

We host a monthly Rooftop Yoga Social every first Tuesday at the New River Yacht Club apartments. Tickets are $20 online and includes Yoga from 7-8 pm, usually with a sound bowl meditation or similar. From 8-9 we offer light refreshments from local restauranteurs, social time, pool and jacuzzi, under the stars. We also support one or two artisan vendors(jewelry, clothing, soaps and potions, etc) and optional add on massage by the pool.

Why do you think someone should choose Red Pearl for their yoga instruction?

We are very inclusive, offering a variety of classes for a variety of students, really caring and diverse teachers, great walkable cafes and businesses in the MASS Arts district, monthly workshops and events, and just a solid down-to-earth experience. We like to say "Get Real with Us". People feel welcomed. We have a few in-house First Timer deals so people can try us out. We also offer $10 cash classes Monday-Friday at 4:30pm and a few others during the week. Free Yoga [for] military with Connected Warriors is every Thursday 3pm. We also offer discounts for first responders, public school teachers.

Comments

Leave a comment:

* Login in order to leave a comment. Don't have an account? Join for Free
2/4/2020

Michael Russ

Hire the expert writing services https://au.payforessay.net/ and you will learn how to write the best papers. It will be a good decision if you do not have good writing

... More
1/31/2020

jackpote jackpotes

Hi dear gamers, here you will locate the most boom beach hack stunning Boom Beach Hack Gold, Wood,<br

... More
1/17/2020

Adam Schule

Well done for creating https://fategrandorder.io. There is not a lot of information posted about it (particularly good anyway).

1/6/2020

Sammi Darn

I really like that: "There is no air of competition in our space. Yet people still challenge themselves and grow while supporting each other. Plagiarism checker -

... More
12/25/2019

zainee KK

Thanks for sharing the wonderful thoughts. While running over internet I have found lot of advantages. Even with social media usage, we can get many positive benefits of

... More
11/13/2019

Pure Melda

Economic Paper Writing Service Online
The composers of the Custom Economics Paper Writing Services are the leading ones in the industry as they give high quality Custom Economics Essay Writing

... More
10/9/2019

Lisa Taylor

Nice chill atmosphere text and photos. Great blog design. I like to follow your creative ideas in blogging. If you are looking for high-quality text on any topic, we [https://subjecto.com

... More
5/20/2019

Sarah Emi

Yoga keeps the man healthy. Almost all of us are known that doctors are also recommending yoga for relaxation. So, to leave a healthy life it helps to do yoga.<br

... More
4/15/2019

David Galli

I have been planning on doing yoga as my https://www.customessayswriter.co.uk/ works is taking a troll on my body. Recently went to a chiropractor and got my

... More
4/12/2019

study moose

This is awesome to know! Thanks for the review. Me and my friend https://issuu.com/studymoose will definitely visit this place. We are big

3/18/2019

Joe Carrow

Really great article. Thanks by https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/of-...

12/27/2018

Adri antoth

I have seen and read out all pages as well as all articles and I have just one thing find out is article comment section is very spammy and harmful for your web. so I have to suggest you one idea you

... More

About The Author

Become an Expert Contributor

Have some knowledge to share, and want easy and effective exposure to our audience? Get your articles or guides featured on Florida Homes today! Learn more about being an expert contributor.

Learn More